Dear Queen of Peace Families,
Today, we held our annual Tornado Awareness Week drill and shelter practice at 1:45. You may wish to discuss with your children what you would do and where you will go at home, if there is a tornado warning for our area in the future. Alternate day preschool students and 5th/6th graders will practice at another time.
Tomorrow, Friday April 21, is our Preschool/PreKindergarten Open House from 8:30 to 11:00 a.m. Please remind any relatives and friends with children ages 3 to 5 to come and check out our programs.
Congratulations to our Destination Imagination teams!
All four of our DI teams placed either 1st or 2nd in their categories and are going to State, following the Regional competition at Proctor HS. The State DI competition will be held on Saturday April 22nd at Jackson Middle School/Champlin Park High School in Champlin, in the northern Metro area.
Student Council Food Drive – through Monday
Please send non-perishable food items to school, now through next Monday, April 24th. Our students collected 121.8 lbs. of food at Thanksgiving holiday time. The goal this time is to collect 130 lbs. of food for the needy! We plan to bring the food over to the local Carlton County food shelf at the Salvation Army store in Cloquet on the Tuesday after Easter. The Food Shelf serves approximately 50 families each day, and serves over 700 families each year. Thank you to all school and parish families for donating food for our neighbors in need. There are collection boxes located near the school entry doors.
The 2017 Pasties Sale has completed. Thank you to all who helped and all those who purchased pasties! We expect the pasty orders to arrive in early May.
- April 21 – Preschool Open House, 8:30 to 11:00 a.m. – Please tell family, friends, and neighbors to come and see what our Pre-Kindergarten program has to offer!
- April 19-21 – Wolf Ridge trip for 5th and 6th graders
- April 22 – DI State Tournament competition at Champlin Park HS and Jackson Middle School
- April 25 – Hartley Nature Center – Grades K-2
- April 26 – Hartley Nature Center – Grades 3-6
- April 26 – Administrative Professionals’ Day – Thank you Mrs. Kalm!
- May 1 – NWEA Spring round of testing begins
Best wishes for God’s blessings to all,
from Bill Van Loh, Principal