Dear Queen of Peace Families,
What a wonderful demonstration of talent by our students this afternoon! Thank you to all parents and staff for helping make it all fit together so well! And… Special thanks to Mrs. Keppers and Mrs. Lah for their help behind the scenes!
Accreditation Docs Review Night
Please put Thursday evening May 11th on your calendar. We are planning to hold a dinner meeting, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. or so, to review MNSAA Accreditation renewal documents, the Self-Study and new draft Strategic Plan, and to gain more input from our families.
In order to make it easier for parents to participate, we have arranged for child-care and will be ordering pizzas and ingredients for salads (instead of a pot-luck). It would help if you can let us know in advance if you are planning to come. Please RSVP to the office by Monday, May 8th. (218-879-8516)
We definitely need RSVP’s on the number of children expected to come that evening. Please let us know by Monday morning, May 8th, if you plan to have a child or children at child-care, so that we can have an accurate count. Sarah, from our After-School Club, will be here that evening and we plan to have some older students and youth, if needed. The children will be meeting downstairs in the After-School room.
We need to have a good turn-out, as this process is a key part of our continuing as an accredited school. Our goal is to have thirty to forty people or more. We will have a sign-up sheet in the office, or please send an email, or call, and please say yes when asked in the hall if you can come to this meeting. 🙂
The 2017 Pasties Sale orders are coming May 9th! We expect the pasty orders to arrive on Tuesday May 9th.
Anyone who can help sort them is invited to come around 1:00 p.m.
The pasties should be ready to be picked up between 3:00 and 5:30 pm. Please bring your own containers or coolers to carry out your orders.
Please call the school office at 218-879-8516, or Gina Huls with any questions at 218-391-1745.
- May 4 – Spring Talent Show!
- May 11- Parents and Parishioners MNSAA Docs Review night at 5:30 pm (5:30-7:30 or 8:00) Pizzas/Salad
- May 14 – Mother’s Day
- May 17 – Spring Music Program in the Gym
- May 19 – School Mass and Rosary following mass, for the month of Mary
- May 19 – Family Fun Night and School Dance (sponsored by 5th/6th Grade) (change of date)
- May 25 – All School Assembly for K-6 (This is a change of date from May 31.)
- May 26 – School NOT in session – Staff Catechetical Formation
- May 29 – School NOT in session – Memorial Day
- May 30 – Grades 4-5-6 Safety Patrol trip to Valleyfair
- May 30-31 – Preschool Program – Bridge to Kindergarten
- May 31 – K-6 students – Trip to Lake Superior Zoo in Duluth
- June 1 – Last day of school – Field day activities
Best wishes for God’s blessings to all,
from Bill Van Loh, Principal