Dear Queen of Peace Families,
We are already approaching Friday of the first week of school. The start of the school year is going very well. We are blessed to have such wonderful teachers, families, and students!
Please feel invited to join us for our weekly school Mass on Friday at 9:30 a.m.
A few news items:
During the coming week, we plan to hold a fire-drill and a practice lock-down drill, our first ones of the new school year. We need to conduct five of each during the school year.
We are still in need of a part-time staff member (or some parent volunteers) to help with our After-School Program. We need at least TWO adults in order to have After-School Club open. That is, at least one more adult in addition to Ms. Sarah Bisel.
The program is also filling rapidly, as parent requests for after-school care are up. We still have spaces available, but if your family is planning to use the program, please send Mrs. Megan Kalm an email very soon, to help ensure your child will have a spot. Her address is: mkalm plus our school domain name.
With current staffing, we may not be able to offer it, or may have to cap the total student numbers in the program.
In case you haven’t seen the colorful new rugs we have in the After-School Club room, and in a couple of classrooms, please check them out. We wish to thank Justin Terch and the Edison Schools in Duluth for having donated the rugs for our use, here at Queen of Peace.
Please use the crosswalks when bringing children across the street. We want everyone to be safe.
- Mon Sept 11 – Preschool begins
- Wed Sept 13 – First Early Dismissal Wednesday
- Mon Sept 18 – NWEA Fall testing begins / Bullying Assembly
- Thur Sept 21 – Fall Pictures Day
- Thur Sept 28 – Lester River – Grades 5/6
- Wed Oct 4 – Feast Day of St. Francis – Blessing of Animals at 2:00 pm in the gym
- Saturday Oct 7 – MN Marathon at 9:00 a.m. at the Pine Valley Recreation area and the Northwoods Credit Union Arena.
Best wishes for God’s continued blessings to all!
Bill Van Loh, Principal