Dear Queen of Peace families,
1. We held our first Lock-Down Drill on Wednesday and our first Fire Drill today. Both were successful, and students will be more confident of what to do as we practice more. We need to conduct five of each of these types of drills during the school year.
2. Please help if you can: We are still in need of a part-time staff member (or some parent volunteers) to help with our After-School Program next week. At least TWO adults are required in order to have After-School Club open. That is, at least one more adult in addition to Ms. Sarah Bisel.
Please call or send Mrs. Megan Kalm an email if you can help one or more days next week. (email@example.com) And, please tell friends or relatives who might like a part-time job.
With current staffing, we may not be able to offer after-school care without extra help.
3. Please remember to choose which Queen of Peace school apparel you would like to order and send the form to school on Monday Sept 18th. Red hoodies, Navy-blue Soft-shell Jackets, T-Shirts for Phy Ed, and warm Knit Queen of Peace hats are among the choices! A copy of the order form is attached.
4. Please use the crosswalks when bringing children across the street. We want everyone to be safe.
5. Please start and keep on collecting donations for the Marathon. The walk will be Saturday morning October 7th. The top fundraiser wins an Apple TV device. A copy of the information sheet for the Marathon is also attached.
6. Upcoming dates:
- Mon Sept 18 – NWEA Fall testing begins / Bullying Assembly
- Thur Sept 21 – Fall Pictures Day
- Thur Sept 28 – Lester River – Grades 5/6
- Wed Oct 4 – Feast Day of St. Francis – Blessing of Animals at 2:00 pm in the gym
- Saturday Oct 7 – MN Marathon at 9:00 a.m. at the Pine Valley Recreation area and the Northwoods Credit Union Arena.
Best wishes for God’s continued blessings to all! Bill Van Loh, Principal