Dear Queen of Peace Families,
We wish everyone a blessed and Happy New Year! Catholic Schools Week is coming soon: January 28th through February 2nd. We will begin with special family and student involvement in the Sunday 9:30 a.m. mass on January 28th, and special activities continue throughout the week.
The Catholic United Raffle is returning! The first day we can start selling tickets is Friday, January 12. We can sell tickets anywhere in Minnesota (and by mail with out-of-state friends and relatives) between the dates of January 12 and February 25. Last year we raised a total of $11,400 for our school. This year’s goal is $19,000. Can we reach it? If everyone pitches in, the answer is yes!
Sixty $5.00 tickets (six books of ten) will be assigned to each family, for a total value of $300. If each of ourfifty-eight families sells their $300 worth of tickets, that gets us to $17,400. Some of us can sell more, and some fewer, but we can all help! Several families have had good results connecting with other area churches, as well as with extended family and friends. A member of our parish won a free vacation at Wisconsin Dells last year. The top prize is $20,000 or a 2018 Chevy Trax SUV!
Please remember all sold ticket stubs AND ALL unsold tickets must be returned to comply with Minnesota gaming laws. The purchased ticket stubs must have the buyer’s contact information so they can be notified of their prize. Keep updated by visiting the Raffle Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CatholicSchoolsRaffle/
Mardi Gras is coming on Saturday Feb 10th – SAVE the DATE!
Congratulations to the top three spelling contest winners from each classroom in Grades 3-4-5-6! They will be competing in the School-wide Spelling Bee, which will take place after Mass, at approximately 10:30 am, on Friday January 12th.
Grade level winners’ names (in no particular order):
- Third Grade – Cate, Cruz, Rownen
- Fourth Grade – Ethan, Adam, Angelo
- Fifth Grade – Niko, Clare, Ahnna
- Sixth Grade – Macy, Ryan, Grace
Our two 2018 teams are the Tune-Tastics (Elementary Level- Fine Arts category) and the Super-Joopers (Middle Level- Scientific category)! Their meetings are starting this week. Go creative kids!
- January 8 NWEA Winter testing begins
- 12 All-School Spelling Bee after Mass in Gathering Area
- 12 Catholic United Raffle begins
- 15 NO SCHOOL M. L. King Day
- 19 NO SCHOOL Staff Catechetical Formation
- 26 NWEA testing window ends
- 28 Catholic Schools Week “kickoff” Sunday Mass – 9:30 a.m.
- Jan 28-Feb 3 Catholic Schools Week
- February 1 Talent Show–Family Fun Night 6 pm
- 2 Grandparents Day —- and Spaghetti Lunch
- 2 Groundhog Day
- 8 Region Spelling Bee at NESC
- Saturday February 10 Mardi Gras! 6 pm to 12 pm
- February 14 – Ash Wednesday
Best wishes for God’s continued blessings to all!
Bill Van Loh, Principal